Gutter and Downspouts
MAW Construction can repair or replace your gutters quickly and efficiently! Our products that we use are made from the highest quality materials and are installed by experienced, courteous professionals.
The importance of properly installed and maintained gutters can’t be stressed enough. Every house should have gutters. Here’s why rain gutters are so important:
- Soil around the house is stabilized
- Foundation problems can be avoided
- Flooding under houses and in basements can be prevented
- Erosion can be prevented and this preserves landscaping and turf
- Water damage to siding can be prevented
- Water staining on brick and stone masonry can be prevented
- Settling and cracking of sidewalks, patios and driveways can be lessened
- Exterior doors and garage overhead doors can be preserved
Chances are, if you have gutters you probably don’t clean them out often enough. If you wait until they are full of leaves and if you are scooping soil out of your gutters, you are waiting far too long. If you have weeds and grass growing in your gutters you probably have caused some damage. After all, gutters aren’t intended for gardening. Here are the problems that clogged gutters cause:
- Water damming occurs which can cause damage to eaves
- Water can leak into the house and cause damage to walls and flooring
- Mosquitoes can breed in the standing water
- Deterioration of gutters occurs which causes leaks and eventual failure
The frequency with which you should clean out gutters depends on your house. Determining factors include proximity of trees to the roof line, the type of trees, and the slope of the roof. Low sloped roofs can require more frequent cleaning.
The majority of houses with gutters don’t have a system that is complete and installed correctly. A properly installed gutter system will include seamless gutters on every sloped roof edge. The gutters should not hold standing water, should not leak, should be securely fastened to the fascias, and should have downspouts that are securely fastened to the exterior of the house.
Call us today at (215) 852-6710 for your FREE Estimate on an Affordable COMPLETE gutter system for your home!